- Due to the lack of response about MJ/Labradford Smith, I've gained no new knowledge about whether or not I should write about it. 1 hour ago
- Or should I should exist in my bubble and write about MJ/Labradford even though it's lightly been documented? 1 hour ago
- Are people familiar enough with the MJ/Labradford Smith games that I shouldn't write anything about them? 1 hour ago
- RT @NBCSN: The NBA's salary cap could rise to $105 million in 2017-18: tw.nbcsports.com/hnw http://t.co/f5XAVGqNnl 2 hours ago
- RT @curtismharris: Russell Westbrook gonna be holding all future press conferences like this http://t.co/ouw5H2qRv2 2 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
Cause for Excitement
December 27, 2011Posted by on
If you’ve read any of my team preview posts, you probably picked up on the theme of excited curiosity that surrounds the unknown. We all know what Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard and Samuel Dalembert are capable of doing, but we’re still learning about young players and guys who have switched uniforms.
With that that in mind, I was tickled last night as I sat on my couch, New Castle in hand, feet kicked up and landed the remote on the OKC @ Minnesota game. There was that Russell Westbrook whipping and snapping all over the court, a new haircut for Nick Collison, a DC battle between Beasely and Durant, and then the Spanish question mark Ricky Rubio. Yeah man, I was all skeptical about Rubio. Skeptical about his defense. Skeptical about his foot speed. Skeptical about the hype. I wasn’t quite hating on the kid, but I wasn’t supportive either and I can make a case that I wasn’t even fair in regards to his NBA potential.
I’m fully aware that 26 minutes and 18 seconds doesn’t count for much of a sample, but watching Rubio thread passes through the tiniest and tightest of lanes and openings had me stroking the stubble on my chin and nodding in agreement: Yes, that’s a man who can pass. The passes he made were hard enough to see let alone execute and he repeatedly threw these passes without making a single turnover. Ahhh … it was a breath of fresh air and for Minnesota fans, you people (whatchu mean, you people?!?! – it’s not even like that) should be rejoicing in the name of all that is round, leather and flies through a steel rim: