- Anyone see Behind the Candelabra? 12 hours ago
- What a night, marmots. Classic NBA Finals OT game and a strong win by USA Men's soccer. I was entertained, Maximus, I was entertained. 1 day ago
- Shaq grabbing Weiner's arm is like me grabbing a baby's arm. 1 day ago
- What. A. Fucking. Game. My adrenaline is pumping. I feel kinda like Roberto Duran normally felt in between fights. 1 day ago
- I'm sorry that your country and my country are not on good terms ... 2 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.