- RT @EdgeofSports: What percentage of the people in @NFL HQ who suspended Josh Gordon for the season are going to smoke weed tonight? Or are… 18 minutes ago
- "We'll see whether or not Americans take to the noodle concept." 39 minutes ago
- RT @jacobjbg: writing a short story spanning 50 years where a young, scared glen taylor is endlessly bullied by a gang of schoolyard dudes … 41 minutes ago
- "I like Vanilla Sky." "Aw, you wanna them mushy dudes. I haven't even seen Vanilla Sky." 10 hours ago
- Kobe MT @UberFacts: Hero Syndrome is a condition where a person creates a dangerous situation just so they can "be a hero" and resolve it. 12 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.