- Interior bathroom design in public spaces has come a long way since the mid-1970s. 6 hours ago
- Killing Fields are the kind of twisted ideas myths are built on. 6 hours ago
- I've been half watching Killing Fields while working the past 2 hours. Seems like a powerful flick. Literal killing fields ... 6 hours ago
- Borderline coming off the rails here 9 hours ago
- RT @AdamJMaya: Shaq, Kobe, Duncan or LeBron has appeared in every NBA Finals since Jordan's last season with the Bulls. 10 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.