- Deadwood episode when dude rides a bike and the whole town is beaming like GSW just beat Lakers to start 16-0 10 hours ago
- always to the Nth degree with this guy twitter.com/SportsQuotient… 11 hours ago
- What a terrible back court matchup. I got Ty Lawson and Adbul-Rauf against Russ and Gary Payton. 12 hours ago
- Everyone love to "witness" some shit. 12 hours ago
- RT @RapSheet: #Rams WR Stedman Bailey was shot twice in the head while sitting in a car with 2 young relatives & his cousin. He is stable i… 12 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.