- RT @Ansel: This is so, so good from @mudede. Grab a beer and read, ponder: What The Matrix Tells Us About the Crisis in Greece http://t.co/… 10 hours ago
- AMEN twitter.com/hpbasketball/s… 10 hours ago
- Just saw the Zinger listed as 7'3". Kid gets taller every time I read a story about him. Is he really 7'3" though? 14 hours ago
- RT @mudede: The sun is baking the mind of this city. Just saw a big rat walking down the sidewalk as a white guy ghetto blasts The Doors fr… 15 hours ago
- Yall believe Cuttino Mobley is 27th all time in minutes per game? 15 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.