- RT @McCannSportsLaw: NCAA and NFL just defeated Chris Christie in the NJ sports betting lawsuit. I break down decision with @WALLACHLEGAL: … 5 hours ago
- Buuuuuuut, kind of enjoying watching this @andy cohen show. Willing to quit bball twitter for #bravo twitter .... I think. 6 hours ago
- Yup, Lakers gave up 35ppq tonight ... not surprising. Feel nothing about missing this game. 6 hours ago
- Pretty much expected ... I mean not necessarily exactly this way, but the outcome, yeah: http://t.co/ONdettzVYt 6 hours ago
- Do all these games kinda suck tonight? (I'm watching this Andy Cohen dude on Bravo, so not focused on NBA) 6 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.