- Man, these Lakers injuries are out of control. I'd like to see an investigation. 3 hours ago
- Now Ronnie Price? 3 hours ago
- The Nash thing feels anticlimactic to me. Bummed he couldn't get healthy, but feels so inevitable. 1 day ago
- Man, EA Sports really nailed it with this "EA SPorts: It's in the Game!" This shit will still be going strong when I'm on my death bed. 2 days ago
- Happy day. ICYMI I wrote free verse poetry about Kobe Bryant, his stans, critics and eventual 200-foot statue in LA: dancingwithnoah.com/2014/10/22/pro… 2 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.