- Giving mostly sedentary people two pasta options with a single side of bread and zero veggie options does not promote well-being. 15 hours ago
- Note to all the people that follow me, all 350 of you, if you plan meals for large scale events, mix in some veggies. All-carb meal no bueno 15 hours ago
- Also, Macklemore is accepted hip hop music at corporate events. Guessing he didn't think it would play out like this. 15 hours ago
- I do love these conceptual views of what the playoffs could look like. 15 hours ago
- RT @kirkgoldsberry: Here's what the NBA playoffs would look like if they were simply seeded according to record grantland.com/the-triangle/m… http… 15 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.