- RT @AntonioFrench: And now I've been pulled over by an unmarked vehicle on I-70. No clue what municipality I'm actually in. #STL http://t.c… 12 hours ago
- Capitol Hill on a hot day smells like a mix of body odor funk and cigarettes. 1 day ago
- "I was your lackey" is the kind of guy who pairs well with melo. Or Chauncey billups twitter.com/herringwsj/sta… 1 day ago
- Game 1 of Finals on while I'm working while I should be sleeping. But anyways, all basketball fan suffered a disservice with Kyrie injury. 1 day ago
- Are Finals won by savvy cap-friendly deals like Dan Green, Draymo, Steph, PJ Brown and your Kobe/Shaq, Wade/Brons? Is that it? 1 day ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.