- I have pretty much no view on Klay Thompson's contract. 2 hours ago
- Happy Friday blokes and blokettes, I wrote about the NBA's problematic foray into biometrics: thedissnba.com/2014/10/31/exc… (HT: @tomhaberstroh) 2 hours ago
- That black dude with the Ballmers was like "Whoa whoa" when Papa Ballmer crushed Jr. 18 hours ago
- Ballmers Ballmersing 18 hours ago
- PJ3 of 30+ fame has had 1 touch in past 5 possessions. 18 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.