- Watching Laimbeer in this DET @ CHI game from 1990 & reminded I unfollowed someone for saying Love was like Laimbeer, but a lesser defender 1 day ago
- If Coach K's not the coach, does Conley beat out Kyrie? 1 day ago
- Was Mike Conley ever an option for this USA group? 1 day ago
- Yo @AustinClemens2, any chance you'll be able to get 95-96 with the shorter 3pt line? 3 days ago
- My first Throwback Thursday ever is Alonzo Mourning and his game-winner over Boston back in '93: hardwoodparoxysm.com/2014/08/28/tbt… 4 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.