- Breakfast sandwich for breakfast, pancakes for lunch. Basketball for dinner. Who is this guy!? It's me. 1 hour ago
- RT @bomani_jones: someone was paid handsomely to help izzo, ryan, k and cal come together and not say a damn thing http://t.co/zMaoRO3OMH 2 hours ago
- RT @NatashaKIRO7: Alright, these #AprilFools #Seattle development signs are clever. If you made them, I want to talk to you! http://t.co/uw… 2 hours ago
- Some NBA rookies are really loving some March. Who cares about ROY, let's dig the collective! dancingwithnoah.com/2015/04/01/you… http://t.co/xIObMxpzD1 2 hours ago
- Bible stories as a way to connect with the midwest? Yall missed me. 3 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.