- Roy Hobbs would be right up there with Miggy and Mike Trout if he was in the AL today. He'd be better than any NL hitters. 3 hours ago
- God, I can't win. No matter where I sit, the remote I need is just out of reach forcing me to move out of my comfort zone. 3 hours ago
- Classic .... "Russell had nothing to celebrate there." 6 hours ago
- Man ... what a rebound by Russ. Would've been fun if that fell in. 6 hours ago
- RT @KeeperOTCourt: i was trying to figure out if he was old enough to be drinking until i noticed The Neck http://t.co/Q6KFtzxXwS 6 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.