- Boner still one of the dumbest words in English vernacular 2 hours ago
- RT @CRYBABYHARLEY: If you think Beyoncé's message was "harsh" you ought to see what police do to innocent unarmed black people daily. https… 10 hours ago
- Anyone interested in a 2k word piece about Karl Malone being snubbed for an ASG as launch pad to explore his psyche? 11 hours ago
- Fairly certain Simmons latest pod is him crossing over into grumpy old man phase 14 hours ago
- Crotchety white sports media twitter basking in the glare off Peyton's forehead, just loving Cam's struggles. 14 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.