- Doug Collins just looks annoyed to be sitting with Jalen and Bill. 1 hour ago
- RT @HickoryHigh: Just a heads up, the Hickory-High staff is doing an AMA for @NBA_Reddit starting tomorrow at noon EST. Get those questions… 2 hours ago
- Bosh made more 3s this year than he's ever even attempted. http://t.co/94AKXBlbTQ 2 hours ago
- Miami should've traded Bosh for Al Jefferson. Who cares that Big Al can't play defense? Not me. 2 hours ago
- Boris Durke, Russian hoop analyst. RT @highkin: #ReplaceDougCollinsWithDorisBurke 3 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.