- RT @HalpernAlex: Hello, I am a Senator and major recipient of money from the Sugar Lobby, and I would like to tell you how Cuba is worse th… 25 minutes ago
- RT @NBCNews: 14-year-old boy cleared of murder 70 years after being executed nbcnews.to/1v02ag6 http://t.co/4jSDKOTFJD 26 minutes ago
- Can't believe I clicked on that damn story about a possible giant sea creature in New Zealand waters and person commenting was a random dude 2 hours ago
- RT @seth_rosenthal: I'm not done reading the @kevinmdraper Woj piece, but this is pretty clever by the NBA newrepublic.com/article/120572… http://t.… 13 hours ago
- RT @Cosmis: "That little statue motherfucker trynna hoop?" RT @AndyKHLiu: Anyway, here's one for the trove: SOON @Patrick_Fenelon http://t.… 13 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
NBA Biographical Sketch #5: Dan Majerle
January 6, 2014Posted by on
Dan Majerle was a 6’6” shooting guard with model good looks, a square jaw, a full head of brown hair, and a tan of Hasselhoffian proportions. “Thunder Dan” as he was known bombed threes before it became en vogue. In that sense, one could say he was ahead of his time. Sandwiched between a career spent in sunny Phoenix and on the sandy beaches of Miami was an out of context year in Cleveland which signaled the onset of his deterioration in which he possibly could’ve been referred to as “Cloudy Dan” by someone with a poor sense of humor. Majerle will forever be remembered for his role on the Barkley-led Suns teams and for being an object of the great Michael Jordan’s disdain in the 1993 Finals.
In the commercial below, “Thunder Dan” can be heard asking for a stat that quantifies hustle (again, ahead of his time). While this may have been one of his calling cards, it’s not one with which I’m deeply familiar. If someone was bored, they could easily sub in Shane Battier footage with Majerle’s commentary.