- 7 straight games for Serena. 24 minutes ago
- Serena winning 6 straight games feels like a boa constrictor just tightening its grip, squeezing the life and air out of its victim. 27 minutes ago
- Just feels like Serena's gaining momentum here, just steaming downhill, unstoppable-like. 33 minutes ago
- Serena with these unforced errors driving me batty 48 minutes ago
- Serena dropping hammers out there 49 minutes ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
NBA Biographical Sketch #6: Aaron McKie
January 7, 2014Posted by on
You remember Aaron McKie? You do. Combo guard, Philadelphia through and through. Through to the point that he was a Temple grad. Philly to the point that he went to Simon Gratz (I just learned this). City of Brotherly Love to the point that he was black like The Roots (all the way live from 2-1-5) with a goatee, but not a beard. He wasn’t drafted by the 76ers, but somehow, through some cosmic Andrew Toneyisms and Eric Snowdens, his qi guided him back home. McKie was a big-bodied, defensive minded, role playing guard. A physical presence to counterbalance the reckless litheness of Allen Iverson. McKie wasn’t much of a jump shooter and he cut against the grain of things by wearing number eight, but he was a lunch pail and hardhat guy in a blue collar, frill-free way that Philly can embrace. McKie embodied his hometown: Philly like a cold wind, Philly like booing an injured opponent, Philly like unfair expectations, Philly like Von Hayes.
For present-day comparisons, feel free to compare McKie to a more horizontal and technical, less athletic version of Tony Allen.