- More Poku this evening, I suppose: the movement, the pass, yes, please and thanks you: https://t.co/URTAZFArGB 17 hours ago
- James Worthy had an aggressive beard for a college hooper circa '82. 1 day ago
- Finally making the acquaintance of one Pokusevski and delighted to see this kind of open court skill/fluidity. Als… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- This like catching the Loch Ness monster on film twitter.com/thehoopsttalk/… 1 day ago
- RT @AhbAnalytics: | Killian Hayes Scouting Report | -Up on @OT_Heroics -Film on @AdvProBball #NBATwitter #NBADraft overtimeheroics.net/index.php/2020… 1 day ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.