- Kinda hard to see all these realizing their dreams and think about Jonathan Jeanne isn't able to realize his. 2 hours ago
- Me and my friends had OG 14th overall, but cooled on him over time. His jumper is an affront to Ray Allen. Double p… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- I will forever associate OG Anunoby with @JonathanTjarks 3 hours ago
- Harry Giles was 18th on our board, but I'm a little higher on him than that. Good motor, smart defender. I like you… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- We had Jarrett Allen 19th overall. I'm not a big fan even if the all the tools are there. Motor and bangability are… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
Cause for Excitement
December 27, 2011Posted by on
If you’ve read any of my team preview posts, you probably picked up on the theme of excited curiosity that surrounds the unknown. We all know what Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard and Samuel Dalembert are capable of doing, but we’re still learning about young players and guys who have switched uniforms.
With that that in mind, I was tickled last night as I sat on my couch, New Castle in hand, feet kicked up and landed the remote on the OKC @ Minnesota game. There was that Russell Westbrook whipping and snapping all over the court, a new haircut for Nick Collison, a DC battle between Beasely and Durant, and then the Spanish question mark Ricky Rubio. Yeah man, I was all skeptical about Rubio. Skeptical about his defense. Skeptical about his foot speed. Skeptical about the hype. I wasn’t quite hating on the kid, but I wasn’t supportive either and I can make a case that I wasn’t even fair in regards to his NBA potential.
I’m fully aware that 26 minutes and 18 seconds doesn’t count for much of a sample, but watching Rubio thread passes through the tiniest and tightest of lanes and openings had me stroking the stubble on my chin and nodding in agreement: Yes, that’s a man who can pass. The passes he made were hard enough to see let alone execute and he repeatedly threw these passes without making a single turnover. Ahhh … it was a breath of fresh air and for Minnesota fans, you people (whatchu mean, you people?!?! – it’s not even like that) should be rejoicing in the name of all that is round, leather and flies through a steel rim: