- There's something to willie Cauley-stein on-court game and in his eyes that makes me think "long lost half-Lopez brother" 8 hours ago
- RT @HoniAhm: y'all ever wonder what pero antic is up to these days? https://t.co/wAat4DtWKi 9 hours ago
- I'm gonna pass on the album described as a "long overdue love letter to the dance floor" 10 hours ago
- RT @crimesofbrits: Indians who dared resist British colonialism were tied to the mouth of the cannon, it would then be fired. https://t.co/… 11 hours ago
- Reading Wretched of Earth now and hadn't considered gender roles at all. Also, previously unawares of Germany prese… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
NBA Biographical Sketch #5: Dan Majerle
January 6, 2014Posted by on
Dan Majerle was a 6’6” shooting guard with model good looks, a square jaw, a full head of brown hair, and a tan of Hasselhoffian proportions. “Thunder Dan” as he was known bombed threes before it became en vogue. In that sense, one could say he was ahead of his time. Sandwiched between a career spent in sunny Phoenix and on the sandy beaches of Miami was an out of context year in Cleveland which signaled the onset of his deterioration in which he possibly could’ve been referred to as “Cloudy Dan” by someone with a poor sense of humor. Majerle will forever be remembered for his role on the Barkley-led Suns teams and for being an object of the great Michael Jordan’s disdain in the 1993 Finals.
In the commercial below, “Thunder Dan” can be heard asking for a stat that quantifies hustle (again, ahead of his time). While this may have been one of his calling cards, it’s not one with which I’m deeply familiar. If someone was bored, they could easily sub in Shane Battier footage with Majerle’s commentary.