- RT @Tommy_Voltaire: On Wednesday, @locuretyreke3 passed Jeff Horner for 2nd place on the 4A career scoring list. Figured I would mention it… 12 hours ago
- Yall draft people believe Brandon Clarke to be 6'8? Looks like a 6'9 to me. @colezwicker @IllegalScreens @Cosmis 13 hours ago
- RT @conner_omalley: DONT STOP THINKING COFFEE MAN https://t.co/kZbqtdn06l 14 hours ago
- Kareem on Bron/GOAT convo: "Finally, the GOAT question, which runs through the media like a nasty STD: “Who is the Greatest of All Time?” 1 day ago
- "I don't know who traded Porzingis." 1 day ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
NBA Biographical Sketch #5: Dan Majerle
January 6, 2014Posted by on
Dan Majerle was a 6’6” shooting guard with model good looks, a square jaw, a full head of brown hair, and a tan of Hasselhoffian proportions. “Thunder Dan” as he was known bombed threes before it became en vogue. In that sense, one could say he was ahead of his time. Sandwiched between a career spent in sunny Phoenix and on the sandy beaches of Miami was an out of context year in Cleveland which signaled the onset of his deterioration in which he possibly could’ve been referred to as “Cloudy Dan” by someone with a poor sense of humor. Majerle will forever be remembered for his role on the Barkley-led Suns teams and for being an object of the great Michael Jordan’s disdain in the 1993 Finals.
In the commercial below, “Thunder Dan” can be heard asking for a stat that quantifies hustle (again, ahead of his time). While this may have been one of his calling cards, it’s not one with which I’m deeply familiar. If someone was bored, they could easily sub in Shane Battier footage with Majerle’s commentary.