- RT @ProHoopsHistory: GREAT MOMENTS IN NBA HISTORY Michael Jordan pulling down Penny Hardaway's warm-up pants in the 1996 All-Star Game htt… 10 hours ago
- RT @accordingtoame: @deray @engineer_owl https://t.co/Qf9140s04q 2 days ago
- RT @Passionweiss: RIP to Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. An all-time king of swagger, an all-time king of sequins. https://t.co/HZlCiGD5JW 2 days ago
- RT @WiltCArchive: The Oldest Footage of Basketball in 1080 HD (1968, 1981, 1998) - and film of Dr. James Naismith: youtu.be/mCcRN4Tv8hI?a… 3 days ago
- Having Billups and PIerce is so so bizarre. 4 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
NBA Biographical Sketch #5: Dan Majerle
January 6, 2014Posted by on
Dan Majerle was a 6’6” shooting guard with model good looks, a square jaw, a full head of brown hair, and a tan of Hasselhoffian proportions. “Thunder Dan” as he was known bombed threes before it became en vogue. In that sense, one could say he was ahead of his time. Sandwiched between a career spent in sunny Phoenix and on the sandy beaches of Miami was an out of context year in Cleveland which signaled the onset of his deterioration in which he possibly could’ve been referred to as “Cloudy Dan” by someone with a poor sense of humor. Majerle will forever be remembered for his role on the Barkley-led Suns teams and for being an object of the great Michael Jordan’s disdain in the 1993 Finals.
In the commercial below, “Thunder Dan” can be heard asking for a stat that quantifies hustle (again, ahead of his time). While this may have been one of his calling cards, it’s not one with which I’m deeply familiar. If someone was bored, they could easily sub in Shane Battier footage with Majerle’s commentary.