- Kansas shooting splits: 30-24-65 Kentucky shooting splits: 37-15-75 6 hours ago
- RT @jackfrank_jjf: I broke down Ziaire Williams’ impressive collegiate debut, highlighting what makes him such a good prospect, as well as… 18 hours ago
- RT @ZachMilner13: For anyone who follows me, I hope you can see how much work I'm putting into scouting this draft class. If you are able… 18 hours ago
- Pretty fantastic stuff from Cam Thomas (6-4 2020 5* LSU): about as decisive as it comes even as a true frosh; hits… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- Dwyane Wade looking like Chris Tucker’s arch rival from the Fifth Element https://t.co/YpfIObYCyw 1 day ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
NBA Biographical Sketch #5: Dan Majerle
January 6, 2014Posted by on
Dan Majerle was a 6’6” shooting guard with model good looks, a square jaw, a full head of brown hair, and a tan of Hasselhoffian proportions. “Thunder Dan” as he was known bombed threes before it became en vogue. In that sense, one could say he was ahead of his time. Sandwiched between a career spent in sunny Phoenix and on the sandy beaches of Miami was an out of context year in Cleveland which signaled the onset of his deterioration in which he possibly could’ve been referred to as “Cloudy Dan” by someone with a poor sense of humor. Majerle will forever be remembered for his role on the Barkley-led Suns teams and for being an object of the great Michael Jordan’s disdain in the 1993 Finals.
In the commercial below, “Thunder Dan” can be heard asking for a stat that quantifies hustle (again, ahead of his time). While this may have been one of his calling cards, it’s not one with which I’m deeply familiar. If someone was bored, they could easily sub in Shane Battier footage with Majerle’s commentary.