- RT @mikegrib8: After top 10 or so it gets REALLY difficult so you guys gonna have to give me some time. My top 2 tiers for now 1. Vic obv… 12 hours ago
- RT @imLuckyD: 🇱🇹Justė Jocytė ('05) had an amazing night against Hungary.. Overall performance, great shoothing, extra passes to find a bett… 1 day ago
- RT @TerranovaNoah: https://t.co/dMemQ3yQQG 2 days ago
- RT @JonChep: Follow along with the @RookieScale 2021 NBA Draft UDFA tracker. Plenty of talented prospects who didn’t hear their names ca… 2 days ago
- RT @twmarks_: 2021 NBA Draft Notebook Notable returners, off-ball space creation, defensive evaluations, playmaking dimensions, shooting p… 3 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
NBA Biographical Sketch #10: Jahidi White
August 25, 2014Posted by on
Where oh where have the biographical sketches gone? If a man could tell you, that man would be me, but since I don’t have the answer, we’ll turn to that whale of a man known as Jahidi White.
Reaching into the recesses of my mental filing cabinet, I see the ominously large White during his Georgetown Hoya days as a 6’9”, 290lbs (listed) tank with a shaved head and maybe a barely-menacing goatee. He played alongside the great Allen Iverson at G-Town, but was more bodyguard than sidekick.
White was blessed enough to get seven seasons out of the NBA which is more than most of us could even dream. His time there is best remembered as a member of the Wizards and his best season in 2001 when I was a 20-year-old sophomore in college. That year White gave the Wizards a productive 8.5ppg, 7.7rpg, and 1.6bpg – all in under 24mpg. But it was all for naught or at least all for very little as the Wiz won just 19 games.
Over his seven seasons, White never sniffed the playoffs and never played on a winning team. He played alongside an over-the-hill Michael Jordan, shared a front court with Kwame Brown, spent a few games with the Bobcats and Suns, and retired with over $25-million made as a pro basketball player.
I don’t remember much about Jahidi White, but here’s a clip where someone says “He puts the fear of God in the opposition.”