- RT @MickstapeShow: The actual Sun wouldn’t have defended this much better https://t.co/vAWglhL5xK 9 hours ago
- RT @mikekorz: Just a quick reminder that the Seattle SuperSonics have made the NBA Playoffs more recently than the Timberwolves... That is… 2 days ago
- RT @AoDespair: Once, before I die, I'd like to hear a cop or prosecutor declare -- and mainstream media report -- that the confession of a… 2 days ago
- RT @theintercept: Marielle Franco was at the center of the movement against police violence in Brazil. She was, for all intents and purpose… 5 days ago
- RT @ElGee35: Backpicks GOAT: #8 Kevin Garnett backpicks.com/2018/03/19/bac… https://t.co/OIya70rsNo 5 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
NBA Biographical Sketch #10: Jahidi White
August 25, 2014Posted by on
Where oh where have the biographical sketches gone? If a man could tell you, that man would be me, but since I don’t have the answer, we’ll turn to that whale of a man known as Jahidi White.
Reaching into the recesses of my mental filing cabinet, I see the ominously large White during his Georgetown Hoya days as a 6’9”, 290lbs (listed) tank with a shaved head and maybe a barely-menacing goatee. He played alongside the great Allen Iverson at G-Town, but was more bodyguard than sidekick.
White was blessed enough to get seven seasons out of the NBA which is more than most of us could even dream. His time there is best remembered as a member of the Wizards and his best season in 2001 when I was a 20-year-old sophomore in college. That year White gave the Wizards a productive 8.5ppg, 7.7rpg, and 1.6bpg – all in under 24mpg. But it was all for naught or at least all for very little as the Wiz won just 19 games.
Over his seven seasons, White never sniffed the playoffs and never played on a winning team. He played alongside an over-the-hill Michael Jordan, shared a front court with Kwame Brown, spent a few games with the Bobcats and Suns, and retired with over $25-million made as a pro basketball player.
I don’t remember much about Jahidi White, but here’s a clip where someone says “He puts the fear of God in the opposition.”