- Larry not faring so well in this exchange, throat vulnerable to being crushed by the good Doctor's thumb twitter.com/hypebeastsport… 22 minutes ago
- Jeff Van Gundy at his 1st NBA summer league practice: "wow, these guys are great." Grizzled NBA man Paul Silas: "These guys suck!" 40 minutes ago
- RT @originalgriz: I thought Trump was avoiding the Nats' first pitch because of the booing. Turns out it's the cameras. Don't RT this, he p… 55 minutes ago
- People gripe about modern hoop and while this is college, look at the lack of movement on this iconic possession instagram.com/p/BSOo1IKDByE/ 4 hours ago
- Great stuff from @ZachLowe_NBA but the larry nance jr quotes on learning to pass playing w/50yr olds are the icing espn.com/nba/story/_/id… 4 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
This is not the burial, it’s the resurrection
December 3, 2011Posted by on
Hey kids, gather round. We’re 22 days away from tipping off the 2011-12 NBA regular season. From the outside looking in, the acrimony between the owners and players seems like it happened years ago. It might be winter, but we’re in the midst of a great thawing. Everyone’s already resuming their natural roles (front offices and agents negotiating, players working out at team facilities, players angling for trades via the media—just like riding a bike) and sticking to the script. Despite the oncoming maelstrom of transactions, it all feels serene and peaceful now that the lockout is mostly over.
As we move into year one of this six-year truce, I intend to write a brief prologue of each of the league’s 30 teams. Since we have roughly three weeks until the season starts and I work a full-time job, it’s altogether possible that I’m undertaking too much and will suffocate under the weight like a small man under a large garbage pile. It’s also worth acknowledging that the league might move too fast for me. If I write that the Nets have a gaping hole at power forward and then they sign David West; there’s nothing to be done—except a quick edit which probably won’t happen (I owe you honesty if nothing else).
So without wasting any more of your time or my time, let’s look to the future and hope for the sunny days.
*Art provided by Ben Goodspeed … check him out at http://bengoodspeed.com