- Scheduling note: @NBATV replaying games 3, 5-7 of 2016 Finals. Indulge or avoid as you see fit. 1 day ago
- Enjoyed this to-100 list from @RobMahoney and @BenGolliver: si.com/nba/2016/09/12… 6 days ago
- Shaved head Rik Smits look like the world largest serial killer 1 week ago
- John Thompson asserted "most" people using cell phones in 2001 weren't talking to anyone, but rather "profiling" 3 weeks ago
- John Thompson and Danny Ainge as nat'l TV analysts is undesirable. 3 weeks ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.