- Kinda hard to see all these realizing their dreams and think about Jonathan Jeanne isn't able to realize his. 2 hours ago
- Me and my friends had OG 14th overall, but cooled on him over time. His jumper is an affront to Ray Allen. Double p… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- I will forever associate OG Anunoby with @JonathanTjarks 3 hours ago
- Harry Giles was 18th on our board, but I'm a little higher on him than that. Good motor, smart defender. I like you… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- We had Jarrett Allen 19th overall. I'm not a big fan even if the all the tools are there. Motor and bangability are… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.