- Russ an easy target for subset of basketball twitters, but dog that dude can pass a basketball 8 hours ago
- I hope no one writes a “student beats the teacher” story about Boylen’s Bulls beating Pop. 8 hours ago
- Is that game that knocked spurs out of playoffs? And are bulls just better balanced without Zach Lavine (one game sample, heh)? 8 hours ago
- Spurs, what da fuck? Just took a steamy dump in the river walk 9 hours ago
- Jerami Grant wearing some of my least favorite Jordans (7s), but I’m not even mad. Love that dude. 9 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.