- David West ... guy grinds my gears and I wish he wasn't on the team he's on, but he's probably one of the better dudes in NBA. 20 hours ago
- Never watched scott van pelt before now. 20 hours ago
- RT @curtismharris: I kept it clean at @ProHoopsHistory, but this is some code language for telling black men to shut the hell up and dance… 20 hours ago
- Bill Simmons like "we got some major ewing theory with Kevin Durant and golden state." Maybe he's saying that. 20 hours ago
- I do find it endearing when heinsohn refers to IT as "the little guy" but also understand an alternative experience 23 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.