- Finally finished @ElGee35's kareem write up. Good stuff but things took a turn in the comments section. Backpicks G… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago
- I love some Steve Adams and Grant bro, but in general don't enjoy okc style of bball. I like okc because an unfrien… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Jazzers looking much more svelte in these sunset desert unis instead of the fat boy yellows they wore in okc 1 day ago
- James Johnson basically a more aggressive version of Patrick swayze's character in Roadhouse 1 day ago
- How can you motivate me when I already motivated myself? twitter.com/byjayking/stat… 2 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.