- Is the gap between Galloway and Rondo/Rose/Jennings/Clark several millions of dollars and years? Don't believe it is. 3 hours ago
- Free agency/NBA so bizarre. Derrick Rose, Ian Clark, Brandon Jennings ... all high-profile serviceable guys still looking for the deal .. 3 hours ago
- 35yr-old Wilt giving Jim "Crazy Horse" Barnett the business ... twitter.com/WiltCArchive/s… 4 hours ago
- I like how melo both plays hard ball and goes where he wants on his own terms but also makes poor basketball destin… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- RT @ianmcpoyle: @scorpiosars Here's a grocery list I saw on the ground, wish I was invited to the party. https://t.co/ptN8Ehiq0a 5 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.