- 34yr old MJ out here busting 19yr old Kobe's ass at 98 ASG in MSG. Also, Mutombo and Jayson Williams both wearing #55 for east. Whatever. 1 day ago
- Highlight of day was seeing @ChrisWebby utilize the baseline behind the back post pass (left block to paint) that I use. Celebs just like us 1 day ago
- It's early in the listens, but preferring Endless to Blonde. 2 days ago
- G1 from 2001 WC semis. Webber scowling, Shaq dominating, but Who Let the Dogs Out randomly piping in shatters the moment. 2 days ago
- This how you close out a Finals: Shaq 2000 g6: 41pts, 19-32 shooting, 12rebs, 4blks in 47 minutes: basketball-reference.com/boxscores/2000… @bball_ref 2 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.