- Next time people tell you how soft 2020 NBA is, show them this clip of Walt Bellamy being called for a charge - 2nd… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Lew catch & turn into one dribble floater. Prob dunk attempt and foul in modern game but agility on turn and touch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Lew Alcindor (later Kareem) with some delightful play on Walt Bellamy who pretty much went from fucking with Wilt/R… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- RT @hbryant42: Looking through my house at all the things made in China and wondering why only black NBA players are responsible for standi… 17 hours ago
- Dick Barnett trash talk to a cold shooting Don Chaney circa 1969: “Let that Ray Charles shoot. Fall back and let the chump shoot.” 17 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.