- RT @twmarks_: 2021 NBA Draft Notebook Notable returners, off-ball space creation, defensive evaluations, playmaking dimensions, shooting p… 1 day ago
- Still inexplicable sophomore emoni was POY over Cade twitter.com/draftexpress/s… 1 day ago
- I'm trying to build a big board, which is always a difficult process for me, and am already stuck at #5. This proc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Don't expect Judah Mintz (#80 on 247 comp, #85 on 247) to make a TyTy jump in ranks, but think he gets a big boost… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- The saddest photo of the day twitter.com/WesSteinberg/s… 2 days ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.