- RT @markberman: JUST IN: South Carolina prosecutor confirms she will retry Michael Slager after mistrial today wpo.st/EsaJ2 #wal… 39 minutes ago
- Oddball stats thru 1/4 of season like the Brow and his race to catch Chuck in 35-15 games. Oh. So. Much. More.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- RT @MichaelSkolnik: America, 2016. An unarmed black man can be running away from a cop and be shot in the back, all caught on video, and 12… 5 hours ago
- Unarmed, running away and still can't get a conviction. If LE needed a precedent, this looks/feels like one. twitter.com/thedailybeast/… 5 hours ago
- ICYMI: Stat kings at the quarter turn. Jimmy B going for 25ppg on less than 8 FG/gm. Who's the only other to do it?… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.