- RT @bhxvan: damn bones got his friends talking for him https://t.co/1qV3Lt8e6S 1 hour ago
- RT @samfolkk: I just opened an email that had the subject as "big fan" And it opens with "take the beanie off ur head bald fuck" Lmaoooo… 2 hours ago
- Oddly love watching this USC team. Seeing Vince Iwuchukwu bounce back from a cardiac arrest to be an all-effort rim… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- RT @bjpf_: ben sheppard is a mid major name to watch, 6'6 with this kinda burst and shooting (10 3pa/100 at 37% career) is a rare combo of… 23 hours ago
- RT @HamasakiLaw: Watch for "cops save baby ducks" stories in the next few months. Media collaborates with police to produce these puff piec… 1 day ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.