- I certainly didn't expect Oklahoma to beat Ole Miss by near 30. 6 hours ago
- This review on a simple out of bounds call is bad experience for everyone. 6 hours ago
- Why is iowa putting Cook back in??? 6 hours ago
- Wait wait ... CBS has Jordan Bohannon's dad mic'd up? Get the all the fucks out of here. We don't need player pare… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- I just can't with Tyler Cook ... most confused by his role: is the coach pushing this dribble drive game or does he… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.