- Finally got around to watching @LennyCookeMovie. Heartbreaking on so many levels. 10 hours ago
- Whether system or coaching or whatever, it's disorienting seeing Westbrook defer ball handling to collison 1 day ago
- 2008 Kevin love was more decisive than his 14-16 version as well. Maybe because level of opponent, maybe confidence, maybe both or neither 1 day ago
- Pac10 2008: Ryan Anderson Taj Gibson Lopez bros Kevin love Aaron Baynes Jon brockman That just bigs...Russ, harden, d collison as well 1 day ago
- Beefy Kevin love circa 2008 was more explosive than lean-love circa 14-16 1 day ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
3 x 15 Club welcomes Rajon!
March 4, 2012Posted by on
In a week when rumors ran rampant that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade their enigmatically styled point guard, little Rajon Rondo responded by blowing the dust off his headband and putting Boston on his back in a Sunday matinee against the Knicks. Rondo went for 18 points, 17 rebounds and 20 assists in the overtime victory. That line is crazy even if came with a D’Antoni caveat.
To put Rondo’s statistical performance into context, I took a journey to Basketball-Reference.com’s Player Game Finder and found out that since 1985, only three other players have performed the improbable 3 x 15 (15 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists in one game):
**I didn’t see the tail end of ABC’s Knicks-Celtics broadcast today, so if they flashed some stat graphs referencing the numbers above, I can’t be accused of stat-jacking since I had no awareness of its existence.