- RT @abovethebreak3: SLOW FEET DON'T EAT PT 2 One Way Bigs. Obi Toppin & Vernon Carey Jr (unlocked) patreon.com/posts/37567415 5 hours ago
- Scottie using strength/shoulder to over-power Jalen Johnson: 1. It takes me 2-3 days to get thru 1 game 2. Strengt… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- RT @Ross_homan1: 4 games worth of Pat Baldwin Jr not touching the rim https://t.co/dTMsGWzb1S 18 hours ago
- $2 lowry $3 klay $2 GP $2 billy Cunningham $6 Hakeem twitter.com/evr1022/status… 19 hours ago
- RT @abovethebreak3: For those of your who may be younger and wonder what media used to be like in the early Internet dayd, well, let me giv… 1 day ago
Just messing around, getting triple doubles
NBA Biographical Sketch #8: Chris Dudley
February 10, 2014Posted by on
Even though he only played there for a handful of his NBA seasons, I’ll always remember Chris Dudley as a New Jersey Net of the powdery, cloudy-blue uniform-wearing variety. The Nets that had Derrick Coleman and Chris Morris and Drazen Petrovic. Dudley was a career bad player by NBA standards. He’s one of those guys who averaged nearly as many fouls as points, but if it’s one thing we learn about usefulness, it’s that being sexy isn’t the only way to make a baby. If that doesn’t make sense, that’s fine, but just know that Dudley made a career of being physical, defensive-minded center. He appeared in 886 career games from 1987 to 2003 and made over $35-million playing basketball. One year, the loose-pocketed Knicks even gave him $7.1-million – and this was a year he averaged 1.2 points and 2.1 fouls.
Dudley, all big white man shoulders and friendly haircut. He was a Yale graduate, the only one in the NBA’s history, but where some of us make dumb assumptions like white people from Yale should be good free throw shooters, Dudley proves our ignorant bias by shooting a putrid 46% from the line for his career.
There’s a lot more to the Chris Dudley story, but in terms of basketball, this is the man I remember.